CAPTURE & TRANSPORT PERMITTEE
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TO BECOME A C&T VOLUNTEER!
A Capture & Transport Permittee:
· Has passed the Capture and Transport (C & T) Test* through the Pennsylvania Game Commission, and has been issued a permit.
· Is Sponsored by a Licensed Pennsylvania Rehabilitator. NOTE: WIN assists in securing sponsorships for qualified applicants.
· Must attend an educational symposium every other year (one day or 8 hours), or an on-line course, and acquire proof of attendance in order to submit to the Pennsylvania Game Commission.
· Captures and Transports animals or arranges for transportation to any licensed rehabilitator or veterinarian in Pennsylvania that will accept the animal for admission
· Consults with Callers to determine if an animal needs to be left alone, re-united or captured and transported.
· Helps train other Capture & Transport volunteers.
· Helps coordinate and participate in group rescues.
· * You can take the course through the internet or see if there is classroom training, at www.wildlifeedu.com Cost: $50.00.
· Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 814-414-4224
NOTE: While working to achieve a Capture & Transport permit, WIN recommends that applicants become Wildlife Couriers.
Click here to take the online Wildlife Courier class (approx. 35 minute course).
Then, once you have taken the course and passed the test, click here to complete the Wildlife Courier Volunteer application
Dispatch is a critical component of fulfilling the WIN mission. As with all WIN roles, Dispatchers are volunteers committed to helping wildlife.
Here’s how it works:
Members of the public call the WIN Hotline to report injured, sick or orphaned wild animals.
Dispatchers receive the information, ensure that it is appropriate for WIN. If a situation warrants a WIN volunteer response, the Dispatcher publishes an alert via the WIN mobile application.
WIN responds to most animal emergencies except those involving adult deer (over 30 pounds), bears, bobcats, fishers, otters or venomous snakes.
WIN Dispatch is available 7-days per week from 8am to 8pm. Shifts are typically 2 hours in duration. WIN will work with you to select a shift that meets your schedule.
Dispatchers receive training about WIN, telephone etiquette and using the mobile application.
Dispatchers use their own mobile devices and can work from any location with adequate cell and internet coverage.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 814-414-4224
Please consider donating to WIN to secure critically needed equipment and allowing us to save even more wildlife in 2022!
Wildlife In Need Emergency Response of PA, Inc.
8553 Pettis Rd, Meadville, PA 16335, US
Copyright © 2023 Wildlife In Need Emergency Response of Pennsylvania, Inc. - All Rights Reserved
Special Thanks to Crawford Gives for their continued support for WIN.
Powered by GoDaddy