When available, to help any of the above personnel.
-Transporting animal to rehabilitation center, veterinarian hospital or meet with another wildlife courier. (This may require a letter from a WIN Emergency Rescue Response Capture and Transport permittee.)
- Riding and/or assisting with capture and transport personnel.
- Assisting with a coordinated group rescue.
- Asked to do various tasks helping with capture and transport personnel.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (814)671-6594 if you are interested in becoming a wildlife courier.
If you are interested in becoming permitted in Capture and Transport you can take the course through the internet or see if there is classroom training, at www.wildlifeedu.com . Costs $50.00.
-Has taken the Capture and Transport course online at www.wildlifeedu.com.
- Can take the C & T test in order to become permitted.
- Become sponsored by a Pennsylvania licensed wildlife rehabilitator
- Transport to any licensed rehabilitator, or licensed wildlife veterinarian in Pennsylvania that will accept the animal.
- Assist with coordinating group rescues.
- Gain experience through hands-on training.
Has passed the Capture and Transport(C & T) Test through the Pennsylvania Game Commission, and has been issued a permit. Must be sponsored by a Licensed Pennsylvania Rehabilitator. In order to retain license, must attend an educational symposium every other year (one day or 8 hours), or on-line course, and acquire proof of attendance in order to submit to the Pennsylvania Game Commission. Can be called out by a dispatcher or answering service.
- Transport to any licensed rehabilitator or veterinarian in Pennsylvania that will accept the animal for admission
- Take call, and evaluate situation.
- Consult with caller to determine if animal needs left alone, reunited or captured and transported.
- Train C & T in training.
- Coordinate group rescues.
If you find yourself unable to volunteer, but still want to help in some way; donations are a great way to stay involved and make a difference.
Items that are always needed:
- Live traps
- Traffic cones
- Flat bed sheets
- Plastic pet carriers
- Rechargeable flashlight-super bright, waterproof LED flashlight
- Nitrile or disposable gloves
- Hand sanitizer
- Batteries for headlamps
The Official registration and financial information of wildlife In Need Emergency Response of Pennsylvania, INC. may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free within Pennsylvania 1-800-732-0999.
Registration does imply endorsement.