Levels of Volunteer Opportunities for Wildlife in Need (W.I.N) Emergency Response


Wildlife Courier:


When available, to help any of the above personnel.

May include:

-Transporting animal to rehabilitation center, veterinarian hospital or meet with another wildlife courier. (This may require a letter from a WIN Emergency Rescue Response Capture and Transport permittee.)

- Riding and/or assisting with capture and transport personnel.

- Assisting with a coordinated group rescue.

- Asked to do various tasks helping with capture and transport personnel.

Contact sdearment@windstream.net or call (814)671-6594 if you are interested in becoming a wildlife courier.

If you are interested in becoming permitted in Capture and Transport you can take the course through the internet or see if there is classroom training, at www.wildlifeedu.com . Costs $50.00. 

Capture and Transport Volunteer in Training:


-Has taken the Capture and Transport course online at      www.wildlifeedu.com

- Can take the C & T test in order to become permitted.

- Become sponsored by a Pennsylvania licensed wildlife rehabilitator

- Transport to any licensed rehabilitator, or licensed wildlife veterinarian in Pennsylvania that will accept the animal.

- Assist with coordinating group rescues.

- Gain experience through hands-on training.

Permitted Capture and Transport:

 Has passed the Capture and Transport(C & T) Test through the Pennsylvania Game Commission, and has been issued a permit. Must be sponsored by a Licensed Pennsylvania Rehabilitator. In order to retain license, must attend an educational symposium every other year (one day or 8 hours), or on-line course, and acquire proof of attendance in order to submit to the Pennsylvania Game Commission. Can be called out by a dispatcher or answering service.

- Transport to any licensed rehabilitator or veterinarian in Pennsylvania that will accept the animal for admission 

- Take call, and evaluate situation.

- Consult with caller to determine if animal needs left alone, reunited or captured and transported.  

- Train C & T in training.

- Coordinate group rescues.


If you find yourself unable to volunteer, but still want to help in some way; donations are a great way to stay involved and make a difference. 

Items that are always needed:

  - Live traps 

- Traffic cones

- Flat bed sheets  

- Plastic pet carriers

- Pillowcases 

- Rechargeable flashlight-super bright, waterproof LED flashlight

- Nitrile or disposable gloves  

- Headlamps

- Hand sanitizer 

- Batteries for headlamps

W.I.N Amazon wishlist

The Official registration and financial information of wildlife In Need Emergency Response of Pennsylvania, INC. may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free within Pennsylvania 1-800-732-0999. 

Registration does imply endorsement.